This concrete gate piece was removed in 2006.
Built in 1926, the Government-General Building was demolished in 2006.
The 19th Century map of Seoul forms the design of the fountain.
These stones figures usually stood in front of the tombs of royal family.
Foundation Stones of the Bell Pavilion at Jongno intersection in early Joseon Period were unearthed in 1972 during subway construction.
Stone figures of civil officials stood in front of tombs.
The monument is for Eunsingun Yi Jin (1755-1771), the 4th son of Crown Prince Sado who is the grandfather of Heungseon Daewongun.
This street car operated in Seoul in the 1930s.
This stele was unearthed Hyeonseok-dog, Mapo-gu District in 2013.
Remains of the stores were unearthed at Jongno 1-ga in 2004.
Parts from the overpass between Changgyeonggung Palace and Jongmyo Shrine.
King Heungchin Yi Jae-Myeon (1845-1912) was the first born of Heungseon Daewongun and the older brother of King Gojong.
These monuments are for Heungseon Daewongun’s grandson Prince Yeongseon Yi Jun-yong (1870-1917) and Heungseon’s great grandson Yi Wu(1912-1945).
These stone tables usually stand in front of the tomb for placing an incense burner.
A pair of stone lanterns and pillars usually stand in front of the tomb to ward off evil spirits.
This stone pagoda takes the style of the Goryeo era (918-1392).
Overpasses were first built in the late 1960s in a bid to settle transportation problems experienced by Seoul. The first overpass in Ahyeon-dong was built in 1968. It was followed by those built in Seodaemun (1971) and Hongje-dong (1974). They helped vehicles run without having to wait at traffic signs. By the 2000s, they became dilapidated, areas along them became the slums, and they came to stand in the way of bus-only lanes in the middle of the road. Thus, they came to be demolished.
Bokcheonggyo Bridge (original names: Hyejeonggyo Bridge or Hyegyo Bridge) used to be located at the place, where Samcheongdongcheon Stream flows into Jongro. It was first built as a stone bridge during the stream repair work in 1412 (the 12th year of King Taejong’s reign)and replaced with a concrete bridge in 1926 during the colonial period, with the name changed to Bokcheonggyo. This stone marker is thought to be an indication structure set up at that time. Souigyo is one of the bridges over the Manchocheon Stream, which used to flow into the Hangang River. The stream was also called Muakcheon, Galwolcheon, and Deongkullae. Most of the section of the stream has been covered with concrete, except for the 100m section between Namyeong Station and Yongsan Station. The stone marker of Souigyo Bridge was recently found in a sewage pipeline in Cheongpa-ro.